Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Under Construction

Well, I'm in the process of revamping this crack idea called 'blogging.' At first, I thought that making a sort of online diary to jot down reviews and rants and whines would be a good idea. As it happens, there are too many people that had just the same idea. It's actually kind of funny how self important we are when it comes to our thoughts and interests. Now, not to say that I'm canning the entire idea of blogging, no, far from it. I'm, in fact, contemplating an expansion of the idea of just posting some of my clips, so that editors and employers can have a one stop site to view my work. I think a more novel approach might be involving the readers (assuming there are any) in all my endeavors as a freelance writer. The heartache, the pain, the frustration, the elated bliss of seeing another by-line. The clients won't get off easy either. I've been a freelance writer long enough to know that people will give you the shaft when it suits them and writers are no different. We, in fact, get it the worst because alot of people view writing as easy. The only reason it appears easy is because of the endless drafts and constant rewrites a good author knows are necessary. It sounds easy, because it should sound easy, if it doesn't, then we aren't doing our job. That's it for now, more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home